Cinnamon Apple Muffin Recipe
Hello fall! And what comes with fall? Apple picking of course! We recently went apple picking to our local farm and now we have no idea what to do with all of them. If your on the same boat as us, follow this recipe to make great use of some of your apples.
1) In a large bowl, mix together 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour, ½ tsp of Baking Soda, ¼ tsp of Salt and 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
2) In a separate large bowl, mix together ¼ cup of Butter (preferably softened at room temperature), ½ cup of Granulated sugar, 2 eggs, and 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
2a) Once those are mixed, in the same bowl, add 2 peeled and grated apples, ½ cup
of Plain Yogurt and lastly 2 tsp of Orange zest (if preferred).
2b) This is usually where I preheat the oven to 375 F and line the muffin tin with liners
3) Mix the wet mixture bowl(#2) with the dry bowl(#1) and whisk until you have a perfect batter. Your batter should be not too liquidy but not too thick either so if it's too thick of a consistency, mix in some more yogurt (I did not mix in any more yogurt than written above).
4) Once you’ve got your muffin batter ready, go ahead and fill in your muffin tin and set aside.
5) To make the topping, in a different bowl, add ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar, 2 tbsp flour, and 3 tbsp of butter. I also added some almonds and walnuts to this topping mixture. (If preferred, you can add about ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon to this)
5a) Once everything is added, mix all the ingredients well together and after mixed add
about a spoonful on top of each muffin batter in the tin. (I sprinkled some cinnamon lightly after adding the mixture onto each muffin top)
6) Place muffin tins in the oven and check every 5-10 minutes (took me about 20-25 minutes to fully bake). Use toothpick to check if done and enjoy!
until next time,